Why Should I be a Member of Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network?
The membership benefits alone can pay for your yearly membership dues!
First, We Believe Education is a Priority!
Network members receive a 235-page book plus a set of eight educational DVDs featuring leading instructors and legal experts teaching:
• The legal parameters of use of force for self defense.
• Handling the aftermath of using force in self defense.
• Post self defense legal concerns.
• Articulating pre-assault indicators and how they influence the self defense decision-making process and more.
Members have access to educational articles, interviews and updates through a monthly journal published online.
Providing Legal Support When It Is Most Needed
Members who have been involved in a self-defense incident during their term of membership receive the following:
• A fee deposit of up to $25,000 paid to the member's attorney by the Network if the member has been involved in a self-defense incident. This is a membership benefit; the member is not asked to repay it. The fee deposit gets the legal defense immediately underway, with representation during questioning, and arranging for an independent investigation of the incident. If requested by the member or their representative, a Network official will respond to the location to assist the member in obtaining those services.
• Benefit applicable to any justifiable use of force, whether firearms related or by other legal means of defense.
• The Network will pay a bail bond agent up to $25,000 to post bail on behalf of a member who has used force in self defense. If the bail agent requires additional resources or collateral, the member will be required to provide collateral or funds if the amount required to post bail exceeds $25,000. In addition, the member and his or her attorney must provide facts of the case to show that their use of force had cognizable elements of self defense. The member’s attorney is responsible for providing those details to the Network prior to disbursement of monies to a bail agent. This subject is more complex than a paragraph in a benefits synopsis. Please read http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/october-2015-presidents-message
• Network members also have access to additional grants of financial assistance from the Network's Legal Defense Fund if they face unmeritorious prosecution or civil law suit after a self-defense incident occuring during their period of membership.
• The Network will pay in full for one of our experts to review the case file of a member who is being unmeritoriously prosecuted or who is facing civil law suit, and make recommendations to that member's attorney.
• Use of force experts recommend defense strategies to the member’s attorney at no charge.
• The Network’s Legal Defense Fund cannot be used for defense of use of force undertaken by law enforcement or security officers, bail bondsmen, process servers, repossessors and private investigators in performance of their jobs. The Network is proud to assist off-duty members from these and related professions after self-defense incidents that are not related to their professional duties.
Network Affiliated Attorneys and Experts
Members enjoy exclusive access to a list of Network-affiliated attorneys. The Network does not hold itself out as providing any legal, personal or other advice. The Network also does not make any recommendation or endorsement as to the expertise or qualifications of any legal advisor.
• Members are encouraged to contact an attorney, investigate the attorney's level of expertise and qualifications, and set up an attorney-client relationship. As the list of Network Affiliated Attorneys grows, this becomes easier and easier for the member.
• Network-affiliated attorneys have access to our court recognized legal experts with knowledge of the many facets of armed self-defense, who can assist in the member’s court case.
• While the Network greatly appreciates the contributions of our Affiliated Attorneys, Network members choose the attorney they want representing them after self defense; the Network pays the attorney the member designates, whether that is an affiliated attorney or not.
• Our Advisory Board is comprised of leading experts in the field of armed self defense including John Farnam, Massad Ayoob, Tom Givens, James Fleming, Emanuel Kapelsohn and Dennis Tueller. These industry leaders generously lend their expertise and knowledge to the direction in which the Network grows.
The Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network's Legal Defense Fund
25% of all Network membership dues and 100% of all corporate sponsorship contributions go directly to the Armed Citizens’ Network’s Legal Defense Fund.
• A member who has been involved in a self-defense incident is provided assistance with legal expenses from this Fund.
Who Can Join?
The Network reaches out to legally-armed private citizens who can attest to a clean criminal history.
• Applicants for membership sign a statement attesting to their clean criminal history, that they are 18 years of age or older and legally residing in the United States of America.
• Yearly dues for Network membership are $135 and 25% of all membership dues goes directly to fund the legal defense fund. A 3-Year Individual membership is available for $295 or a 10-Year Individual membership is offered at $790.
• Add additional members of your household to your membership for $60 each per year (all must reside at same address; only one book and set of educational DVDs will be sent).
• Memberships are accepted by telephone at 360-978-5200, fax the printable form available at this link or go to the "Join" link in the navigation area along the top of this page.